How healthy is your current lifestyle? Do you prioritize your health properly or does it take a back seat in your daily life? We’ve all had our healthy lifestyle slip from time to time.
Whether it’s because of work, school, kids, or your significant other, don’t worry I got you covered. Here are 15 simple healthy living tips that will help get your healthy lifestyle back on track.
After all, it is never too late to turn your health around. Unless, of course you kick the bucket.
Healthy Living Tips for a Healthier Lifestyle
- Cut Down on Processed Foods – Stick with whole foods and plan most of your meals around them. Processed foods tend to be less nutritious and are one of the most common contributors to weight gain.
- Take New Diets One Step at a Time – Most diets fail because it is too drastic too fast. This makes it tough to stick with them. That is why you need to slowly transition a diet into your lifestyle. While you may see results at a slower pace initially, you’ll be able to keep the weight you lost off much more easily.
- Lower Food Portions – We all love to stuff ourselves at times, especially if it’s one of our favorite meals. However, you should try to lower your overall food portions if they’re making you feel full. If you’re going out to eat, try not to eat the entire dish if it’s too much. You can always save some for another meal.
- Don’t Eat Without a Reason – We should be eating because we need nutrients. Don’t eat just because, without a good reason. Those excess calories won’t be worth it when you’re trying to work them off. Try to only view food as a necessity for nourishment and not to comfort you or a way to unwind from a hard day.
- Plan Meals Ahead of Time – It is much easier to stick with a diet if you plan your meals ahead of time before you grocery shop. Believe me, I know from experience. You should have an idea of what you’ll be making for the week and what ingredients you need before you go grocery shopping. This will help you stay disciplined while shopping and avoid buying unnecessary junk food.
- Do Exercises You Enjoy – Try out new exercises and see if you enjoy them. Make a list of exercises you enjoy and create a workout around them. There’s no sense in only doing exercises because they are the standard ones everyone else is doing.
- Do a Full Exercise Routine – You should be hitting every muscle group each week at least once. Do a combination of resistance training and cardio on a weekly basis. I recommend cardio 3 – 5 times a week and resistance-based training such as weight lifting 2 – 4 times a week.
- Stay Hydrated – It is important you stay hydrated throughout the day and especially when working out. Always remember to drink more water the harder you work out.
- Keep Yourself Occupied While Doing Cardio Exercise – If you’re not a fan of doing cardio exercise, then try to do something to keep your mind off of it when working out. Music is an obvious choice, but you can also fire up Netflix on your smartphone and watch a movie or show. I personally watch TV shows on my iPhone while I am at the gym during my cardio workout.
- Push Yourself to New Heights in Your Workouts – Don’t stay stagnant in your workouts. Always strive to push farther. You should be making noticeable progress each and every week. For cardio, increase the intensity. For weight lifting, increase the weight you’re lifting.
- Make an Improvement List for Yourself – Sometimes writing down something helps you see things in a different perspective. By making an improvement list you have set goals for you to achieve. Hang that list somewhere you can see everyday and refer to it on a regular basis. Cross out the goals you’ve reached.
- Love Yourself – You need to be proud of yourself and who you are. If you cannot love yourself then you cannot truly help others out. You have qualities that make you great. Don’t brush those aside easily. Everyone has a little bit of awesome in them and you’re no exception. Bring out that little bit of awesome in you and others will take notice.
- Enjoy The Small Stuff – Make it an effort to take time out of your day to enjoy the little things that life has to offer. We live in such a fast paced society and technology is making it faster. It is easy to be swept up in it all. It takes its toll on everyone at some point. The little pleasures in life is what makes life so beautiful. Enjoy what your life has to offer no matter how small it may seem.
- Maintain Positive Relationships and Get Rid of Negative Ones – It is a proven fact that people’s personalities tend to be affected by the people they associate with. Make an effort to strengthen your positive relationships in your life and get rid of the negativity in your life. You need to surround yourself with people you want to be more like. This makes it easier to grow in the way you want to as a person.
- Always Strive to Better Yourself – Life is a constant learning experience. You will never stop learning. Don’t be one of those people who settles for mediocre. Strive to be great. It is never too late to push yourself to greatness. Don’t settle in life. You need to always be raising your bar and your standards in life to truly find out your potential.
If you follow these 15 simple healthy living tips you too can experience a healthier lifestyle. It is time you take control of your health and start to realize the true potential you have within you.
Do you have any other healthy living tips you’d like to share?